In the Health Office, it is our primary objective to keep students and staff healthy to achieve optimum academic success for each student. Some of the services that we provide include:
- Chronic Disease Management
- Acute and Emergency Care
- Family Engagement
- Care Coordination
- Vision, hearing, and health screenings
- Making sure every student is up to date on their vaccinations
- Providing Health Education
- Assisting our community in accessing health care.
The Health Office will join with teachers, counselors, and staff in providing holistic services that consider the whole child and their family and/or community in our delivery of care... now in the context of online learning during this time of sheltering at home and being "in school" in new ways! Of course, we cannot provide the usual services like screening and injury triaging and provision of First Aid or TLC... but we can certainly be in touch with you to continue case management of chronic illnesses, health questions, immunization review, health reports needed for programming (IEPs, etc) and in some way, provide a safe and comforting place to rest when things get hard to handle!!
Please inform the school nurse of any health concern, medical diagnosis (including COVID-19 testing results or symptoms) or medications a student is taking as the school nurse can help identity any impact on education. As we move to in-person learning any student who is ill or injured is to be seen by the health office, and the nurse or health assistant will coordinate with the parent to determine whether or not the student needs to go home. Students will only be released to a person listed on the emergency card after verification with a picture ID.
Prescription and over the counter medications can be stored in the health office with the proper paperwork. Medication forms can be printed from the FORMS link on this page or in the link "Current resources & Information.
Our health office is not a replacement for your usual provider (MD, NP, PA) or emergency services. If this is a medical crisis or emergency please call your provider or 911!If you believe you may be experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, call the NM Department of Health Hotline at 1-855-600-3453. If you feel you are in emotional or mental health crisis, contact the NM Crisis Line at 1-855-662-7474 (1-855-NMCRISIS).
- Jennifer Garren
Phone: Ex 43884
- Current Resources & Information
- APS Medication Policy & Forms
- Immunization Information
- Sick Day Guidelines
- APS School Based Health Centers
- NASN - Washing Your Hands video
- NASN Lavarse Los Manos
- NASN - Wearing Cloth Face Coverings video
- NASN - Usar una Cubierta de Tela para la Cara - Face Covering - Spanish video
- CDC - FLU - Talking to Children About Flu (PDF)
- CDC Handwashing Poster (PDF)
- CDC - Cover your Cough poster (PDF)